Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze the more door actuator has went…

I have a 2012 Chevy...
I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze the more door actuator has went out, my heat works but it will not come out my defrost. What would be the average estimate to get this fixed? And would they have to take the whole dashboard off to fix this?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It’s the mode door sorry
1/22/2018
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Hello there, I am Cam.
I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.
I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online.It looks like a portion of the dash would need to be removed for this repair.
Cost depends on the type, if you have the auto system or manual. The actuator is around $90, but labour is expensive. Auto control is 5 hours but the manual control is more at 6.4 hours.
This would put the cost depending on labour rates at 550-700$.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I was told that the whole box that the actuator would have to be replaced and the whole dash board would have to be pulled so then my a/ would have to be flushed and recharged and something else I was quoted $1300 I was just wondering if that was correct about having to replace the whole box and the dash

Ok, did they say the whole door needed to be replaced or just the actuator? The door itself would require the whole assembly to be remove, but the actuator only requires part of the dash to be removed.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Just the actuator need is bad the heat works
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
The heat works everywhere but when I put it on defrost it comes out of my vents

Ok, then I think you were quoted wrong. The time I get is what I mentioned, just over half what you were quoted.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok thank you

Is there more I can get for you?

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have. Again if you need further information, please use the Reply/Continue Conversation link to ask for more help and I would be happy to assist you further. You do not need to give a negative rating or relist the question to get more help :)

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Nope that was it

Have a wonderful evening then.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician