Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Man i need a quick answer does the abs modular valve on 2003…

Hey man i need a...
Hey man i need a quick answer does the abs modular valve on 2003 s10 zr2 have bleeder screws on the side
1/21/2018
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

No this system is only bleed at the wheel bleeders.

those two Alan he plugs on both sides there talking about want bleed it

No.

If you have air in the lines, then you have to bleed the system with the ignition switch off at each wheel. Starting from the farthest way form the master cylinder to the closest.

What I have done is completely replace the intire break system except the booster and abs module and I have plenty fluid to the rear wheel nothing out the front

Did you bench bleed the master cylinder before you installed it?

Absolutely I keep hearing I have to cycle those pistons in the abs to get the to bleed

Not on this unit. Are you getting any kind of a firm pedal when you pump the pedal up?

A little when the back bleed put getting nothing out of the module to the front

Pump the pedal up and hold it. Crack open one line at the abs unit and then close it back off. Then do it again and open another line. Do this till you get fluid out of all of the lines at the abs unit. Then bleed the front.

Yell that was the last thing I was on did that numerous time no fluid something inside that abs is air locked I guess

See if you get any pressure out of both of the lines at the master cylinder.

The rear line feeds the front brakes at the master cylinder.

Yell I have pressure feeding the abs block just nothing will come through crazy huh
Those two lines from the master to the abs module was the only thing stayed

But you need to see if fluid pressure is coming out of the master cylinder. The master cylinder even though it is new can be bad.

See I got that truck with both front lines blowed and the calipers was froze

Did you replace the hydrolic part of the abs unit?

All ok I got ya yes I did crack them at the bottom of the master
What are you calling the hydro part

Do you have an air compressor that you can use to blow out the lines from the abs unit to the front brakes? If the lines where blown, moisture can cause rust in the lines and may have them blocked.

The abs unit has two parts, the electrical part that bolts to the top, and the hydrolic part the lines connect to.

Could the pistons or valves in th abs be stuck where they were out of fluid for so long

Yes.

that mean take the electrical part off the top and free them up

no. You would have to replace the hydrolic part. The unit is not serviceable.

Really this guys not going to want to here this
what’s some good tests to preform before I break that news I’d like to do what ever I can

If you have fluid going into the unit from the master cylinder and nothing coming out, the unit has to be bad.

Well that we’re doing m confused cause the research I’ve done says those valves has to be cycled

That was the old system. This system does not need to be cycled. Open the lines up at the unit to the front brake lines. Then stomp the brake pedal and see if any fluid comes out. If no fluid comes out replace the unit.

I’m tracking with ya I believe this unit is the 325
Another something to think about do you fill the ground that runs up behind the headlight being bad and that’s keeping it from actuating

This is not an electrical problem.

How confident in that are ya lol

100%

Well you gave me some insight atleast someone to bounce ideals back and fourt appropriate it so what do I owe you and what do I do next never been on here before

All you have to do is rate me 1-5 stars based on how you think I have done.

kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
I can do that guess I’m going back to the garage been out there all night

I wish i could give you better news.

kalamykid
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech