Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It’s on lock mode, 2000 chevy truck, Turning the kill switch…

Customer Question
It’s on lock mode ...

It’s on lock mode

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2000 chevy truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Turning the kill switch off and on also taking the battery off and we tried the 5 min method also but it doesn’t turn on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

No and it’s not

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I tried turning it on I turned off the kill switch and it made a long noise that’s when it didn’t want to turn on.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/21/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This kill switch that does not look like something OEM, is that aftermarket?

What model Chevy truck and which engine?

Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris