Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

08 chevy uplander, side passenger door won't close. If I get…

08 chevy uplander,...

08 chevy uplander, side passenger door won't close. If I get it to close, the beeper in front will beep constantly when in gear.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

132000. No leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Uplander yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have tested he contact points on side of door, and the switch which senses door closed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't know what else to ask.

1/20/2018
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hi my name is*****'m an A.S.E Certified Master Technician with 30 + yrs GM experience. I'm reviewing your question and will try to assist you.

You are talking about the passenger side power sliding door

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the passenger side power sliding door. It closes but the motor keeps going and the door reopens. I acts like it doesn't know it is closed.

The fault is most likely in the door latch itself....this was a common problem with these power sliding doors....the closed/open switch is signaled by the latch...I would also make sure there is no excessive play in the hinges and rollers on the door.

Don't forget to rate me here at just answer and i will be available for further follow up questions you may have

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will try to find a door latch. I will write a review when I get it fixed and I will let you know how things work out. Thank You

Keep in mind that i'm not there diagnosing your vehicle....just offering a common problem from my experience

Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician
Todd Audette
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician