Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2015 Chevy Express 3500 Box Truck, The left rear…

I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 Chevy Express 3500 Box Truck, The left rear brake light and turn signal stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Would that seriously have something to do with the Brake light and turn signal,?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes im fixing it myself,, I have checked fuses and replaced the tail lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its just the left rear turn signal and Brake lights that are not working, ALL other lights are working

1/20/2018
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, I am Randall. I am reviewing your question now and will reply shortly. You may see a popup for phone call request, That is not from me but rather the site. We can keep in this chat format or a call if you prefer.Call is an option not required. Thanks. Back shortly

Does this truck have a 3rd high mount brake light? curious

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No , its a box truck

Bear with me as I am going to send information etc

Ok, first I need to explain how the lighting works, Its is computer controlled by the BCM, Brakes? the switch sends signal to the PCM which then to the BCM and the BCM sends power to brake lights BUT left and right are 2 different circuits, turns?> they work off a ground to the BCM and the BCM signals the light, This is all hard to explain so in short? I feel the left rear control circuit in the BCM has failed and you need a new BCM,,. Here is the wiring diagram if you want to sit and look at it, a bit complex but I am sure you can see what I refer to

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have checked EVERY fuse on this truck, engine compartment and under seat, All are good, and the directionals operate at the same speed as normal, even on the side that the brake and turn are not operating, the drivers side front works but the rear doesnt,, but it still flashes at the same speed as the passenger side

Understood, I am saying the circuit driver from the BCM is not working for the left rear which will affect only the turn and brake as both use same bulb but same yellow wire from the BCM. It shows this as the driver on the wiring diagram I have sent, It can not be a fuse nor relay, It does not work that way, It is the BCM not sending the signal, that internal driver has likley failed in the BCM. I know it is not what you want to hear but it is by design and I am near 100% the BCM is the problem

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Randall,, Do you know where this BCM is located,?

should? be in near or exact same location as the non box, Here is a link

Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page. Just Answer can only compensate me for my time and resources after feedback rating thus rating is required . Rating includes any follow-up questions you may have once you leave feedback rating. Free trials and member questions still require a service rating
Thank you so much!Randall

Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech