Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I just bought a new 2015 Chevy sonic LT and today I went to…

Customer Question
Hi there I just...

Hi there I just bought a new 2015 Chevy sonic LT and today I went to leave work and it wouldn’t start. All lights and stereo works it just makes the chime sound doesn’t even crank

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Fuel is full haven’t checked spark plugs it’s brand new! 300 kms on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonic yourself? What have you tried so far?

A guy at work said it was the starter relay so I went and got one but that did not help at all A guy at work said it was the starter relay so I went and got one but that did not help at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/20/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

If you turn the key to run then use a tool or wire to cross the terminals to the starter. Will it crank and will it start?