Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 Chevy Trailblazer cannot bleed the brake system

1/19/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

2wd or 4wd ?

what parts been replaced if any ?

was there abs light warning prior to repairs ?

what were you trying to fix

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

I have replaced rear one side brake caliper new master cylinder the back brakes bleeding okay the front brake lines do not bleed there is no flu travel I did the automatic bleeding with the snap on scanner tool
I am the repair shop customer been driving with a bad caliper is one that broad was no brake pedal I replace the caliper brake rotors I want new line and master cylinder

Any fault codes in abs

This bulletin is being revised to add step 2 to the procedure and update the Parts and Warranty Information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 04-05-25-002D (Section 05 - Brakes).

Condition

Some customers may comment that the ABS light is on. Upon further inspection, DTCs C0265 and C0201 may be set in the brake module. It is also possible for DTC U1041 to set in other modules. There may also be a loss of communication with the brake module.

Cause

A poor connection at the EBCM ground is causing unnecessary replacement of brake modules.

There is no ABS light on there is no code maybe engine light on but I have not checked what code I cleared it

when you do the bleeding with snap on , is showing at the end , procedure Complete or Not finished ?

I'll have Solus Ultra Snap-on it does automatic bleeding and I follow the procedure at the end it says he the process completed no tests done or is completed and it it's a pumps the bleeding the back brakes work in a pet that is a paddle halfway and the back brakes working but not the front when there's no food traveling to the front

if you look t the brake master cylinder where it is bolted to brake booster ,look at booster black pain ,is it wore off ,like cylinder been liking ?

click on link to view location

the brakes were working just fine until the guy he actually busted the rear caliper and now the front brake lines not getting any fluid officer place in the new master cylinder so what is the problem

not sure on this will opt out for another expert

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

new expert here did you still need help ?

both front calipers have little or no fluid flow but rears are fine ?

Sorry I just see you help.

did you need help still ?

the 2 front calipers have little or no fluid flow but both rears the fluid flow is fine ?

The owner abused it when car towed in the shop one car towed in the shop had no pedal how to place a new caliper in the bag new master cylinder the back brakes are okay the front there is no floor for the fluid Master cylinders has a flow to the brake line so I use snap on scanner to bleed the system automatically it says system completed but the flu doesn't travel from the ABS to the front line

ok the odds are the pressure valve is stuck inside the ABS unit causing this issue

to unstick it push down on the brake pedal and hold it THEN open the 2 brake lines from the master AT the ABS unit then one fluid has come out and the brake pedal is to the floor keep it to the floor then tighten the 2 brake lines and let the brake pedal come back up slow doing that a bunch of times will usually unstick it

if it doesnt it can try using a high end scan tool to run a few function tests with the ABS and cycle the valves to unstick it

if that does not work then you need to replace the ABS module assembly

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Ok I will do that on Monday get back with you. Thanx

anytime

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician