Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Have problem with a 2001 chevy s10, yes i am fixing myself…

Have problem with a...

Have problem with a 2001 chevy s10

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S10 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am fixing myself it has a ignition no crank problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery lately?

Battery is fine i am a master tech and do not have access to wiring diagram it had a bad fuel pump replaced that got fuel pressure this truck has been sitting awhile now no crank no fuel pump run all gauges come on with switch on truck will crank if i ground crank fuse i think ignition switch is bad but i have no way of tracing witch wires

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

1/19/2018
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Would you like a wiring diagram of the fuel pump circuit?

What size engine do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4.3 I can make the fuel pump run manually my problem is with key on no fuel pump no crank if I grind 10 amp crank fuse it will crank over and start with pump jumped but starter stays engaged and once released from ground stalls

Thank you for that information. Does the check engine light illuminate with the key on for a bulb check?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Updated info waiting for call

Sounds good. I will call you as soon as everything goes through.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
check engine light comes on

Ok check the fuel pump relay for powers and grounds with the key on and cranking. I will pull a wiring diagram for you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please call that would be best thx

I dont have your number and the payment did not go through.

However, I would like to speak with you over the phone. I agree, that would work best.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Try again I'm sorry I updated and chase fraud intercepted I fixed that my #(###) ###-####

Ok please request a call again on your end.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where do I request a call from I already have done that I'm sorry

You need to do it again after your payment info was updated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok just checked my account payment went through If I try to ask again it takes me to new questions

Ok, you can contact just answer customer support if you have any billing related questions.

If you need their contact info, just let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please give me info this is frustrating

1(###) ###-####/p>

Call Customer Care

Please have your Order ID available when calling Customer Care

US / Canada1-***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International

Australia1800-679-634

New Zealand0800-452-621

United Kingdom0***-***-****

The rest of the world1-***-***-****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They said it was all fixed and they were letting u know thx

Sounds good!

I cant send over a premium service offer yet for some reason. Waiting for the button to illuminate, then I can send you my number.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sure no problem
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any luck yet

I have not heard from anyone as of yet and I still cannot send over a phone call offer.

You might want to give them a call again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is b's I'm sorry to be wasting your time I'm calling them again

Ok, let me know.

Tell then the "offer premium button lights up, but it says "Additional service offer is not allowed" when I try to send over the offer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok called them they want 26 more $ for you to call so they want me to call my bank to authorize which I'm not happy so maybe we can just chat and let me know what u think I could have driven into town as I live in rural area and paid 40 $ from the dealer for diagram I sorry for your time and mine let me know what u think please

Hello! YES, phone calls are extra. YES we can continue on this page.

Let me send you a wiring diagram for the fuel pump circuit.

One moment.

While cranking, the fuel pump relay should get two powers and one ground. When this happens, the fuel pump relay will activate and send power out the fourth wire to the fuel pump.

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had all that before the 3 second prime and while cranking could here fuel pump run now now crank or fuel pump run but if I ground the crank fuse it cranks over also for lights go out when ignition is turned fully to on and if you slightly move key back they come on but no power to crank fuse

This is where things get complicated and where it would be best to speak on the phone. Your looking for a full blown diagnoses over the internet. I will be happy to help, but it does take time, especially through chat like this.

If your saying that now it does not crank over and the fuel pump does not run with the key on, your computer may not be awake. But if this were the case, the check engine light would not come on with the key on.

If your sure all of the fuses are good, then yes, check for power and ground going into the fuel pump relay while cranking. Also, make sure there are no anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash and that there are no codes stored in the computer.

I am waiting for your reply sir.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm sorry I sent awhile ago security light does not stay on no codes stored in ecm if you turn ignition key to on dlr lights go out but move it slightly back they come on I'm not asking for a internet diag I just need ignition diagram as this is where I think problem is since I have no crank/fuel pump thx

Sure thing. Thank you for clearing that up. Would you like a wiring diagram of the starting circuit?

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or offline spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please as this is the only avenue that I can think of as I said before they both worked then stopped all fuses good but when crank 10 amp fuse grounded it cranks thx

I send the diagrams in the links above. Did you get them?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thx will do your 5 may have another ? Will keep u up to date thx again time to light fire and get warm in house best regards Rick

Sounds good thank you Rick!

Thanks and have a great weekend!

YES, I will keep up to date. You can reply back to me at any time with updates on this page and I will get it and can respond or assist you as needed.

AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN