Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

No power to fuel pump. new pump & relay. good fuses.

No power to fuel...

No power to fuel pump. new pump & relay. good fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

97 tahoe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Installed new pump, filter, and relay. On relay tried jumping #87(hot) to #30(to pump). the jumper got hot

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything at the moment

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

if you run a jumper wire from terminal 30 to the fuel pump grey wire will it run and the truck start and run ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll need time to do that

if it will run then the grey wire is bad between the relay to the tank and usually running a new wire is the best thing to do

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The pump didn't run when I put 12 volts to grey wire. There are 4 wires, purple, grey, black/white, & black. What is blk/wh wir

the black/white is the ground for the fuel sender and the purple is 5 volts for the sender

can you be sure the black is a good ground when in doubt make a good new ground and see if it runs

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The ground wire is bolted to frame near tank. I'll check it. It's getting dark here so I will continue tomorrow. Thank you

ok

Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician