Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 chevy Colorado wont start cold ,started yesterday 0…

2004 chevy Colorado wont...

2004 chevy Colorado wont start cold ,started yesterday 0 windchill today 5 windchill no start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes battery ok seem like not getting fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Colorado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing its cold

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Has to be cold related

1/18/2018
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try this, hold your foot to the floor on the gas pedal then turn on the key and crank over the engine while holding your foot to the floor on the gas pedal.If it starts release your foot.This puts it into a clear flood mode as in some cases the cold weather can cause a slight flood out.If this does not work let me know here in this post so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

thank you it worked!

Your welcome.If it continues you will need to have it checked into like the air filter and fuel system tested to see if there is an actual issue but I have seen on cold mornings a partial flood out can occur on its own in some cases.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician