Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have a 2011 2500 here that will not unlimet the speed due to…

Have a 2011 2500...

Have a 2011 2500 here that will not unlimet the speed due to a Reductant issue, ruductant heater has been replaced and all tests done and no dtc codes showing, however still speed limited, vin is 1GC1KYE80CF102041

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Coolant level is fine and no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am an an Auto electrician and is a customers Chevy

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing i can think of

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2018
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online.

Following the replacement of heater 1, we need to do 3 things.

First from the glow plug module, command heaters 1, 2 and 3 on each for about 10 seconds. Make sure the amperage shows for all 3, and #1 should be about 6 amps.
Second, clear the DTC's.
Third, run a Reductant fluid quality test.

If the test fails, then do a DPF burn, let it cool down and from cold, warm the engine to 70 Dec C, and run a new test.

If the test still fails, remove the NOX sensors and have a look at the date code, its the longer number on the bottom left. If the number is ***** than 120913XXXX then the sensor is in a known bad build date and both sensors will need to be replaced.

Have commanded all heaters and done a fluid quality test and all seemed to pass

Did the scanner show the fluid test passed or are you basing that on the numbers?

Scanner showed pass
this appears to be the wrong flow chart?

Negative, this is a bulletin GM put out to help in the clearing of the "Latched Messages" like you have. Without following the leg based on the message, you will not be able to clear the code.

Please that the time to follow through the leg based on the message.

ok, what is the exact steps for the reductant system malfunction warning test?

That is a preset test on the scanner, if your scanner does not show it then you need a GM tech 2.

The full document is attached in a PDf.
What I meant about the exact steps, those steps are in each branch. Look at the message, follow the steps in the branch based on the message. Don't fast track anything, follow it exactly.

will do, I will let you know
Cheers

Is there more I can get you?

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have. Again if you need further information, please use the Reply/Continue Conversation link to ask for more help and I would be happy to assist you further. You do not need to give a negative rating or relist the question to get more help :)

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician