Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I’m at work idiling. And the clean exhaust filter came on my…

I’m at work idiling ...

I’m at work idiling

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

And the clean exhaust filter came on my 2009 diesel how do you do tbis

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

2009 had the oil changed last week

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am in a location where I can’t really leave at this moment as I’m at work monitor people so I have just turned off the truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I’m not sure it’s probably because I’m not driving and just sitting but I need to see how it can be fixed I’m in northern Alberta at a work site so maybe he can help me fix it

1/17/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

The message means that you need to drive the truck over 30mph until the message clears. If the message remains too long the vehicle will go into a reduced power mode and dealer service will be required. The truck normally will clean the exhaust once per fuel tank. But if it could not due to driving conditions, it puts the message on the dash and you need to clean it manually.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Ok I can’t leave this location at this moment it’s not to cold outside so when I’m done I will do what you said to do should I drive it in manual I n forth gear at a higher rpm. Also while I’m here I turned it off and wondered if I needed heat I could start it and run it on high idle for a minute or 2
I will try what you suggested I’m done in another 2 hours

Just drive it normally over 30 mph. A steady cruise is best in a higher gear. RPMS do not need to be high. DO that and let me know. Since you are busy, note that even after rating my response time with the stars above this chat will still remain open so you can come back here and let me know the result.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Eric I did what you said and it did go away also I figured I can use the high idel when sitting I am able to turn off the truck right now not to cold out I think I will take it for a long drive every few days above 30mph

Ok great glad to hear it. Thanks for letting me assist you.