Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2013 Trax and the radio and turn signals do no emit…

I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 Trax and the radio and turn signals do no emit any sound

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No I have not , should I start there ? Also my heated seats do not turn on any more

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trax yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havent tried anything but would like to try to fix it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No do you think I should try the fuses first before doing anything else ?

1/17/2018
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did both the no sound and heated seat issue start at the same time?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

No the heated seats were awhile ago. The no sound just happened

What can be most common to cause a no sound issue is the sound amplifier itself.The sound amp can fail internally electronically and causes no sound with any of the components you see here that use sound.The radio and components will still operate properly but there will be no sound from any speakers.I have had to replace the sound amplifier in the past before for this type of fault here.This doesn't sound to be a fuse at fault.You will need to have this checked having the fault codes checked first to see what codes are set than those codes diagnosed as well as electrical testing at the amp to make sure it needs to be replaced.

The issue with the heated seats is a separate fault.This can be the seat elements burned out ( most common ) or there is an issue with the heated seat control unit needing replaced.You would need to have the fault codes read out/checked as well to help pinpoint the heated seat issue to locate which component needs to be replaced as well as some electrical testing is done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician
Pete, Auto Service Technician