Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

On first crank up after sitting for awhile my 1993 Chevy…

On first crank up after...
On first crank up after sitting for awhile my 1993 Chevy 3500 spews clouds of white smoke and runs rough. It clears up and runs smooth when it warms up. As I drive it i see streams of blue smoke but not continuously and mostly when i decellerates
1/17/2018
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

are there any codes set at all ?

has anything been done yet to fix this problem or anything done to it to where now you have this issue ?

There are no codes and I just wasted $400on new injectors

this is hard to tell if your burning too much fuel or possible oil

is the engine using alot of oil ?

any access to a scan tool to see live computer data ?

it smells like straight diesel, and I drove it approximately 350 miles and used about a quart of oil

i would be sure the engine coolant temp was reading correctly with a scan tool if it is the odds are and is very common the cam optic sensor built into the injection pump is bad causing this over fuel issue

the only fix for that is to replace the injection pump i am sorry to say

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician