Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have an 89 s10 with the 2.8 v6 and my fuel pump is not…

Customer Question
I have an 89...

I have an 89 s10 with the 2.8 v6 and my fuel pump is not working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your car been stalling?

Nope, just went out to start it yesterday and the fuel pump did not start. Drove just fine on sat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S10 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've been trying to find out where the fuel pump relay and/or fuse is so I can check them.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/15/2018
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

There are three relays mounted together on the passenger side inner fender. The fuel pump relay is the one closest to the fire wall. The fuse that controls the fuel pump relay and pump is the ecm B fuse int he fuse box under the dash.