Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have spark and my fuel pressure is at 50 and a new fuel…

Customer Question
I have spark and...

I have spark and my fuel pressure is at 50 and a new fuel filter but will not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

158000 and it just had a tune up and oil change 6 weeks ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '50 Chevy?

2000 Tahoe.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I went through ignition coil has spark the # 3 plug has spark check crank shaft sensor .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And I went through the fuel system it want to start but won't turn over.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/14/2018
Chevy Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician replied 1 month ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online.

With your Tahoe, does it fire if you spray some fuel into the throttle body itself?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it start for a few seconds.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No can you please tell me what's going on with my Tahoe.

Ok, so it is your fuel system. Spec for the fuel pressure on this is 60-66 psi, and they are notorious for failing, either the pump, or more likely the injector assembly. There is an update to the spider assembly taking it from a problematic CPI to a MPFi fuel injector assembly. It requires taking the upper intake off. The fuel pressure regulator is integral to this, so if the regulator is bad, its worth doing the update.

Otherwise its a weak fuel pump.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician