Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2016 chevy sivarado 4x4 v8 5.3. the check engine…

Customer Question
I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 chevy sivarado 4x4 v8 5.3. the check engine light came on . took it to an auto zone &they read a P219A code. what is wrong ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 Chevy?

Silverado 1500 crew cab 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to a local autozone to have them read the code

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has just over 60,00 miles on it. Don't really notice it running different. I drove it for 200 miles before the light came on.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/9/2018
Chevy Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician replied 3 months ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

hi there, I am Cam.

That code is for a fuel trim balance for the drivers side of the engine. If there are no other codes then it could be a pain to find. The list of possible issues includes;

The fuel trim cylinder balance diagnostic is very sensitive to heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) design. A non-OE sensor or an incorrect part number may cause a DTC to set.

Monitoring the misfire current counters, or misfire graph, may help to isolate the cylinder that is causing the condition. Certain aftermarket air filters may cause a DTC to set.

Certain aftermarket air induction systems or modifications to the air induction system may cause a DTC to set.

Certain aftermarket exhaust system components may cause a DTC to set.

Modified, damaged, leaking, or restricted air induction system components.

Improper operation of the crankcase ventilation system.

Split, kinked, or improperly connected vacuum hoses.

Restricted, damaged, leaking, or modified exhaust system from the catalytic converter forward.

Malfunctioning fuel injectors.

Fuel contamination.

Excessive fuel in the crankcase due to leaking injectors. Change engine oil as necessary.

Malfunctioning ignition system such as spark plugs and wires.

this is something to work through and again if you have any other codes, diagnosis them first.

I filled up my gas this morning & drove about 200 miles. Would it be the gas ? And if it is do I just wait for the light to go off it self as it uses up the gas. As I said I don't really notice any difference in it's operation. Is there something I should check or look for.
I'm mistaken. I drove about 60 miles after the gas fill up before the light came on not 200.
Been waiting for a response. Can't wait any longer. I am not satisfied. Would like a refund of my $5.
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician