Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have an 88 c1500 4.3l that will not start. The battarie is…

Customer Question
Second opinion] hi there...

Second opinion] hi there i have an 88 c1500 4.3l that will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The battarie is good the starter is good and i changed out the ignition sitch also

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 88 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have no power to my starter relay

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 2 days by:
1/11/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 3 months ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

To avoid asking you to do something you’ve already tried, can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you’ve already attempted?

i tested the battarie which is good. I also tested the starter an that is good. I removed and installd new ignition switch, park nutral, and turn signal switch. I also inspected all the wires too and from all the parts on this list but then I found out I have no power to the starter relay on any terminal

ok.

i certainly seems to be a wiring problem,really hard to find.

the only thing you can do here is to start back-tracing the switch[purple] wire from the starter solenoid to the switch till you find power with the switch in the start position..

the only thing i can do for you here is to give you a wire diagram of the starting systen

I have the repair manuaule from hayes alredy I have power to every thing when the key is on. but nothing not evan a click when I try to start

ok..you need to start sesting the small purple wire on the starter solenoid..and follow it back till you find power with the switch in start..i would think a wire that wire is broken somewhere

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kg0m3v8nhrs5li5/0111-chevy-Fig.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/kg0m3v8nhrs5li5/0111-chevy-Fig.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic