Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2010 Chevy Colorado. When I turn the key nothing…

Customer Question
I have a 2010 Chevy...
I have a 2010 Chevy Colorado. When I turn the key nothing comes on except the passenger side air bag light cycles on and off. No dome light no cluster lights and the key does not engage the stater. Some disconnected a bunch of wires I reconnected what I saw was undone. Any ideas.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
1/8/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do the dome lights come on at all with the door opened like they should?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No sir

What liter engine is in your model vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Some one has removed the stickers but the vin# ***** *****

O.k., that is a 2.9-liter engine

Where or what wiring was disconnected and had to be reconnected?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The pcm was sitting in the front seat
The battery was missing
The connection under the driver seat.
The radio.

Do you have a scan tool that has data capabilities to communicate with all computers in your vehicle and if so will it communicate with the BCM ( body control module computer )?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do have a snap on scanner. And I tried that also. The scanner will not communicate with any module

This is a tough one for me to answer myself from here.I will have to see if anyone else here can assist further on this that may have more info to help here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Chevy Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, are you still needing help with this?

Lou

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you have any suggestions or ideas?

ok, thanks for the reply, so it appears that there may be a lot of issues , can you tell me or send me pictures of the wiring you had to repair and more of the story?

we need to make sure the car modules that talk to each other all have power, ground, and data line connection .

this can be easy or tough depending on what you have going on over there.

my info is only as good as the info you give me.

so if you are willing to give me all the details and help streamline this I can get you in the right direction if not fixed up.

Lou

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician