Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How to disable drivers side airbag to fix horn in 2000 Chevy…

Customer Question
How to disable drivers side...
How to disable drivers side airbag to fix horn in 2000 Chevy s10
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/8/2018
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 6 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Pull the negative battery cable from the battery and wait 20 minutes before doing any work on the system. The system will be safe to work on after the 20 minutes are up. Then make sure EVERY thing is reconnected before reconnecting the battery.

Okay but what are the steps in between disconnecting the battery and reconnecting

Here are the steps to remove the air bag from the steering wheel.

Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 5 months ago

Just wanted to check in on you and see how things are going?