Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I just replaced the battery and the security light was

Customer Question
I just replaced the...

I just replaced the battery and the security light was flashing and the vehicle will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

Light stays solid and goes out after a few seconds. I do not know what resetting the security system means.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2000 trailblazer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am in the parking lot at Walmart having just purchased and installed a new battery. With the key off the security light flashes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
1/7/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 1 month ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hi my name is*****'m an A.S.E Certified Master Technician with 30 + yrs GM experience. I'm reviewing your question and would be happy to assist you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thankyo u. I am in a parking lot and very cold waiting for some help.

Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then reconnecting.....make sure the key is in the off position

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am on the third round of trying to relearn - turn key on position, left for 10 min, turned off for 10 second and repeated, I have about 8 minutes, Should I continue this or disconnect the battery
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I please have your answer?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not wish to call you, Please answer my question.

The site is pushing the call not me so just ignore that....let the third attempt complete and let me know your results

Any luck?

Chevy Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 1 month ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

do you still need help?

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic