Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ive been working on my wife’s 1990,305,2500, pickup.we had…

Customer Question
Ive been working on my...
Ive been working on my wife’s 1990,305,2500, pickup.we had it in the shop and they couldn’t figure it out(it was costing to much money & time,so they wanted me to take it home and see if we could fix it)
It is stalling after warming up! All together many parts have been put in with NO results. Diagnostics were ran but on that year you don’t get much and in this case we got nothing! After sitting for 2 weeks because of a family emergency we went back to work on it,but, it wouldn’t start,put the battery charger on it. Tried to start, nothing,tried to jump start with battery charger,nothing. Trying to figure out about this crank shaft senor, I read this answer about the 1991. So I don’t know what to do next?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/7/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 6 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

can you please list of what parts was replaced?

does the truck restart and run or must let it sit till cools down for a restart?

any codes stored in the ecm??

i do need a vin # of the vehicle .

thanks

Hi, I still need this question answered. Ive been working on this 1990, 305, 2500 2wd pickup truck for sometime. It was first taken into the shop but they couldn’t figure it out, said it was costing me to much money so take it home and try some things. Looked up the problem on utube got several different answers, so we stared out with the low cost items.. Fuel filer,ECM,CTS,cap and rotor,TPS,FPR,EGR,MAP,TBI,ICM,cleaned TBI, checked for leaks, and by the way the PROBLEM is the truck would stall after driving then stopping at a light or putting it in reverse,but it would start right back up again. No cooling off was needed. along the way of all this figuring out we lost the transmission so it was rebuilt.. Vin # is1GCFC24H7LE175379, no codes stored might have been when we took it to the shop,but I don’t think there was.
We are aging bad weather at this time and cant fully pull the truckin the garage.. that would br really nice though. Could you help us out by typing and if we don’t get it that way we can have you call at a later date?
Chevy Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech replied 5 months ago

were these new parts used for the truck?

they were all new parts

try wetting the coil with water while running does it stall?

does the clock reset to 1200 by any chance?

Well right now we cant get it to start at all

ok then that is a good thing do you have spark?

do you have fuel pulse at the tbi ?

WE will have to wait on this because of our weather. I’ll try you in a few days?

got it!! keep me posted and in the loop

I will . I cant move it into the garage until i figure out why it wont start,but I did go out and check and I cant get the clock to reset.. it also got melted a bit at the top when my brother and brother in law were working on the steering wheel.. we do have a used unit to go in there!

ok let me know!!