Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

My 2012 chevy sonic won't start. I had it jumped last week,

Customer Question
My 2012 chevy sonic...

My 2012 chevy sonic won't start. I had it jumped last week, and it ran just fine all week, but it's not working again today

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No, they are not corroded

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonic yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had it jumped before

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm mostly trying to figure out if I need to replace the battery or the starter

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
1/7/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 1 month ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

if you jump it now will it run ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
most likely

the odds are the battery is just bad

you can remove the battery and most auto parts store will test it for free for you and the odds are it has a bad cell in it or low cold cranking amps and a new battery usually fixes this issue

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician