Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2009 Equinox, stuck in park, key won't come out, car won't…

Customer Question
2009 Equinox, stuck in...

2009 Equinox, stuck in park, key won't come out, car won't start, so sound of starting

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Steering wheel does turn, It's not locked

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

Key should be fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It won't go to "off" position, only to start and accessory

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/7/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 6 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

i am sorry your having this problem

these issues always come down too a dead or weak battery

the ignition needs good battery voltage to release the key

with it not coming out and it dead replacing the battery should fix this issue

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

how are you making out ?