Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I changed the distributor, the rotor and cap the plugs the…

Customer Question
I changed the distributor...

I changed the distributor, the rotor and cap the plugs the wires now I'm not getting power to the coil in one of the wires

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

97 GMC 1500 5.7

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

1500, yes I'm fixing it myself. I changed everything the crank sensor the coil distributor I don't know what else you could be

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yeah I would like to know how I can get power to the coil what could it be a fuse

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/7/2018
Chevy Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

They seem to be fine, I have power going into the plug from the pink wire the other two wires Ones white the other one looks white with a black line in it these three wires go into a harness that plug into the coil I don't have power and the other two wires only the pink one

ok please standby

you arent going to have power on those wires. they are signal wires.

if you have a signal wire its going to be a low ac voltage

all of that is coming out of the ICM

For some reason I'm not getting any spark whatsoever I changed the crank sensor I change the rotor the cap the distributor the coil I don't understand why it does not have any Spark

That is because the ICM is bad. everything starts there. it then goes to the coil then to the distributor and then to the plugs

Is that a big fuse in the fuse relay Center

run through this test

I change that yesterday
Where is the ICM located

ok, if you changed that yesterday then its going to be a wiring issue. please do the test that I attached.

The truck turns over like it wants to start but it has no spark
The truck turns over like it wants to start but it has no spark.

ok, once again, do the tests that I sent.

it is all self-explanatory and all you need is a voltmeter and a spark tester.

let me know if you need any help with the steps

Ill be back on in a bit

hows it going?