Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

On my 2002 trail blazer has no codes ..but i recognize the…

Customer Question
Second opinion] On my...

Second opinion] On my 2002 trail blazer has no codes ..but i recognize the throttle body plate is not moving much

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Nothing at all.. no codes .but i did find that there are wires from my oil pan electric that seem to be from a sensor of some type are cut melted .

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yea im fixing it my self...took the throttle body off..cleaned it times ...also the throttle body butterfly is not moving much and i hear this sucking sound comming from the engine trying to suck air

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yea the butterfly is not responding to the gas pedel

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 7 months ago
Reggie Whiddon

Hi im Reggie thanks for using JustAnswer. Put my years of experience and training to work for you

Hello to be clear are you saying that the throttle body is not responding when you mash the gas pedal? Or you say it isnt moving much? And you have no codes? IF you took the throttle body off and cleaned it do this remove both battery cables from battery and tie the positive and negative to each other make sure they make good contact the goal is to short the hot side to ground this will drain all the capacitors and erase memory once done hook up positive first then negative now start and try if problem is still your throttle plate not moving with scanner ck for codes if none tell me what the app and tps sensor readings are as well as the desired and actual throttle position

i will tell you this there are several software updates available for your ecm that address idle and throttle plate issues.

Chevy Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 7 months ago

Hello are you still working on this