Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

In the middle of replacing the right rear door handle of my…

Customer Question
In the middle of...

In the middle of replacing the right rear door handle of my 2007 Tahoe LTZ the door accidently closed as I was mounting the handle. The inside door panel is off and the exterior handle is not connected. So, how do I now open the door?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Don't know what to try.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/6/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Just simply pull on the inner handle rod to open the door

That's what I thought but it doesn't budge when I pull on it.