Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have a 2005 avalanche the handle on the tailgate partially…

Customer Question
Have a 2005 avalanche...

Have a 2005 avalanche the handle on the tailgate partially broke and it is locked, should i just break off the rest of the handle and try to open with a screw driver. can i get a new handle etc thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

No, there is about 75000 miles on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, haven't really tried anything since we have been dealing with 15 inches of snow and a blizzard. Bought groceries put them in the back and when got home couldn't open the tailgate.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just want to make sure if I break the rest of the handle I will be able to replace it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/5/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

For $15 on ebay i would just replace the handle

click on link below to view handle on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Outer-Tailgate-Handle-Chevy-02-06-Avalanche-19209650-15086873-GM1915115/172535070731?epid=718551562&hash=item282be4400b:g:aRAAAOSw~AVYpgK0&vxp=mtr

click on link to view the RR steps to replace it

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You

Chad Farhat