Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2018 Chev EquinoxLt,On 12-23-17 Doors unableto

Customer Question
I have a 2018...

I have a 2018 Chev EquinoxLt,On 12-23-17 Doors unableto open, result,dead battery,car has 3300 miles purchased end of July 2017. NOW 1-4-18 THE SAME THING HAPPENS AGAIN, ENGINE DEAD, IN GARAGE AT bRADLEY cHEV TODAY. wHATIS THE MANNER? i'M 77 YRS OLF, FEMALE, HUSBAND HASaLZHEIMER AND i WASNT A DEPENABLE AUTO WITH OUT ANXIETY

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

THE SERVICE PEOPLE ARE TAKING CARE OF EVERYTHING. fIRST BATTERY HAD A DEAD CELL. sOMETHING ELSE IS DRAWING FROM THE BATTERY. iN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS ANOTHER BATTERY IS DEAD.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

CHEV eQUINOX, 2018 lt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

BRADLEY cHEV IS HANDLING THE PROBLEM, IT HAS BEEN TOWED THERE THRU on-sTAR AND A TOWING HERE IN lhc, az.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

SERIOUSLY, i BOUGHT A NEW CAR, HOPING FOR NO PROBLEMS. tODAY THE DEALER IS HAVING A MECHANIC LOOK FOR PROBLEMS, ANY IDEAS WHAT COULD BE DRAWING ON THE BATTERY.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
1/5/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in somecases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So when you have a draw in a system it could be anything, what the technician is going to do is a amp draw test to figure out what system it is coming from and narrow it down from there, it will only be a matter of time before he finds the issue, with new cars draws tend to come from poor connections or loose grounds

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was confused because I had this car trouble on a new car. TYhe dealer found out 2nd time around that ity was just a heavy seat cover touching the seat control buttons, keeping it activated 24/7, a freak type thing. I am 78 yrs old and caring for an alzheimer husband and this freaked me out because the car only had 3300 miles on it. I paid teh $5.00 and didn;t know or was unaware that you;d charge me more. Please do not charge me more than the $5.00, I beg you seriously,I've been upset already

well at the beginning if this question you agreed to 28, I have no control of billing so if you get charged its not me its the system and you have to call customer service for that which is separate from us

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is the customer service phone number? Thank you

1(###) ###-####/p>

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician