Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

A 95 Chevy Cavalier 2.2 L I change the ignition lock lost…

Customer Question
A 95 Chevy Cavalier 2.2...
A 95 Chevy Cavalier 2.2 L I change the ignition lock lost the key and the new one in fine but to start it up it'll start run for a couple seconds and stop well the security theft system has been activated but I tried to do the 10-minute the 30-minute with the key ignition turned on no luck I tried the yellow wire to the black one on the steering column still starts and stops how can I bypass the key switch in the security light to keep the computer running with power so it'll pulse the injectors what can I do to get those directly working
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/5/2018
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

The only way to bypass the system is to use a bypass setup made for this system. The instrument cluster as well as the pcm both have to have signals from each other to activate the pcm so it will start and run. This is the best system I have found and it works great. https://newrockies.com/passlock-bypass-2/

That isn't the kind of answer I thought you were going to give me I could have looked up that I could use one of these bypass systems out of the email I thought you were going to give me details on how to bypass it directly so I'd like my money refunded because that wasn't a helpful answer
I
Like I said that wasn't the kind of helpful answer I could have turned the Open YouTube and found that answer to go with one of these by passes so it there for your answer wasn't helpful at all so I'd like my money refunded but I'm not paying 25 and I want the good paid $5 return because the answer you gave me was no help in any way can you please respond

I gave you the only answer there is for your situation. I will refund your money.

If you want to use you tube and trust those hacks with your car, I wish you the best of luck. Most people that trust the so called home uses bypasses on you tube only do more damage top there cars and it cost them way more money then the bypass I posted that is 100% guarantied to work.