Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

It’s in security immobilizer mode and I can’t start my car.

Customer Question
It’s in security immobilizer...

It’s in security immobilizer mode and I can’t start my car

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

A little bit

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2006 Chevy cobalt ls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cobalt yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I tried jumper cables

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
1/5/2018
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 1 month ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

To reset the anti theft system you have to do a 30 minute relearn on the security system, Here are the steps you have to take to reset it.

Yes the orange car with the lock on the side is the security tell tell.

kalamykid
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech