Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

A weird thing where my key doesn't unlock/lock the 2013

Customer Question
A weird thing where...

A weird thing where my key doesn't unlock/lock the 2013 Equinox. I have to open the vehicle manually, the alarm will sound off, before I can click one of the buttons til it shuts off. Then I can start the car & turn it off, but once I lock it once the key won't let me unlock/lock it again

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Steering wheel turns fine. Key is fine, just had battery replaced this morning too

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just what I've shared: replacing battery on key & making multiple attempts to turn on vehicle

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/5/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

is the issue the same with both keys?

I only replaced the batter on one of the keys, but yes...I woke up this morning and neither key worked
Is this something you can assist me with online?
Chevy Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 7 months ago
Cary York
Phone call session started