Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Theft light doesnt come in when vehicle is locked and all…

Customer Question
Theft light doesnt come...

Theft light doesnt come in when vehicle is locked and all doors are closed

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2010 suburban ltz

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

My dads a mechanic an checked all fuses switched to the other key i got with the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Itll drive just fine and then i loose all my gauages an the vehicle shuts diwn...somethings wring with my anti theft how do i reset it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/4/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

you can reset with below procedure

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .the reason we do that is to take any residual power in the wiring harness to try to reset the modules ,and there will be no spark created touching them since we took battery power source out of the loop by taking both cables off

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables ,Positive cable First

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

but we need

You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from anti thetf module the Vehicle modules and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot
and be accurate on it ,If you do get it scanned ,you can post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat