Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2013 Chevy Malibu LTZ won't start. full tank of gas,

Customer Question
2013 Chevy Malibu LTZ...

2013 Chevy Malibu LTZ won't start. full tank of gas, transmission light is on, clicking in the front of the car and in the rearend.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the transmission fluid?

Good question? it is very cold here like 0 degrees and it will continue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just diagnostic If I can fix it I will but can call the garage

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What can I say?

Not sure what you mean? My guess it is very cold and the car needs to get 'thawed'. It is usually kept in a garage but the last week or so outside.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is there a clicking noise coming from the engine area when you try and start it?

Has anything been checked, tested or done to try and locate or repair this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue, thanks, Pete.

Clicking is continous in the front and rear. Just happened this morning so no testing has been done.

O.k., even though you have power to electronics you may have low amperage in the battery.If you can try a jump start or battery recharge and see if this allows starting again.Low voltage will cause electronics to act up causing this issue here.If it starts with a jump start or recharge I recommend having the battery tested.A local parts store can usually test the battery at no charge to you.

If it does not start still let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete