Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2005 impala thought it was a bad cat or muffler but the pep…

Customer Question
2005 impala thought it...

2005 impala thought it was a bad cat or muffler but the pep boys guy said no both are okay. check engine light is on and he said some o2 warnings came on. they weren't the most knowledgeable guys so they changed the plugs first but car still has trouble going over 55. sounds like it wants to go but i can stand on the gas pedal but it doesnt go above 45.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Starts to blink

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?

No way, lol. i bought the car with 185K miles on it. has 201K now so don't know whats been done in the past and I havent done much as the car surprisingly has run well for the year or so Ive had it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Does vehicle act like it has a rpm limiter such as not wanting to go above 3000 rpm?

dont really know if 300 rpm is the number but just feel like it wants to go over 35-45
hello
i dont want to call for the additional charge
is this over?????
HELLOOOOOOOOO AM I GOING TO GET ANY ANSWERS HERE
I'LL BE DISPUTING THIS CHARGE AND CALLING THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU FOR A CLEAR BAIT AND SWITCH BUSINESS PRACTICE OF CHARGING PEOPLE ASKING ONE QUESTION AND NO RESPONSE