Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevy Equinox anti theft system locked up in my vehicle

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's so cold, please advise
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If"be for live service my number is(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
R y'all going to help my family???
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just answer.com why are u not calling me, I've tried calling you and also paid $15 for this. My family is freezing, it's 11:59pm. U need to refund my PayPal account immediately!
1/4/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

What year model?

Was something done to cause this?

Do you get the same results from both keys?

Do you have access to a scan tool?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1. 2010 Chevy Equinox
2. Nothing done went into Wal-Mart to get a couple Gallons of Milk.
3. We only have 1 key
4. No access to a scan tool.

I could say try this or that and there is a good chance it will work, making all of it look and seem positive and hopeful. However, that would just give you false hope and get you nowhere. The honest answer is, there is not a lot you can do in this situation. You need a scan tool to see what codes are stored to see if the concern is the key or a part on the car like the transceiver. You can check the battery voltage because low voltage much below 12.6 volts can cause this. The best option is to tow it to a shop that has key programming capability or call a locksmith that may be able to come to you and do programming on site.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have already called to tow it to a shop. My family and I were stranded around 10pm last night at 23°. I've never used Just Answer.com but I was desperate for help and paid the money through PayPal thinking we would receive help last night when we really needed assistance. Sorry no disrespect but giving me some suggestions after 12pm the next day does not help me. Thank God for a Good Samaritin who took my family n I to a Motel last night.

I did respond last night less than an hour after your post was opened, then again today 12 minutes after you replied.Sorry, you were not pleased with my help. I was just responding because you did so 12 hours after I originally responded to you original post.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician