Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2003 suburban 1500. Changed TPS. Cam and crank sensor. It's…

Customer Question
2003 suburban 1500. Changed TPS...
2003 suburban 1500. Changed TPS. Cam and crank sensor. It's not the computer. Battery is charged. I have fuel flow but I don't know the pressure. I don't have spark. It cranks over but wont start.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/4/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 3 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hi my name is*****'m an A.S.E Certified Master Technician with 30 + yrs GM experience. I'm reviewing your question and would be happy to assist you

Please give me a few minutes to review and i will be with you shortly

Were there any other repairs done to your vehicle just before this started

None at all.

Do you have the means to scan for codes

No one was positive as to what that is. TPS or the one by the pedal. So I changed the TPS.

Do you have cranking rpm on your scan tool while cranking

I borrowed that one and returned it already. I took the battery out of my other suburban (that runs and starts fine) put it in the bad truck. It cranked faster but no start.

You're going to have to check for cranking rpm

I will opt back in. I see you have a second question going for the same concern. I know you said you have the p1518 code. With the key in the on position is the reduced engine power message displayed on the instrument panel cluster

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician