Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

O6 6.6 gm ... where is the fuel volume regulator located and…

Customer Question
O6 6.6 gm .....

O6 6.6 gm ... where is the fuel volume regulator located and re and re time

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

6.6 duramax will not start and come up with code P0001fvr circuit open

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

06 3500 silverado

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am attempting this task... just scanned it and looked for the obvious...checked for water in fuel ...fuses...fuel level, ijust can not locate the fvr... I have no literature on component location

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It was running fine then acted like it was running out of fuel...missing and then died then fired up drove for about ten miles then died ...has not started since

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/3/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
waited thirty hours and nothing...i thought i was going to die of old age...thanx for nothing
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

Hi, sorry about that. Im not an employee of the site and in NH so I got slammed with things here with the current storm and just being able to get back and catch up now. Did you still want me to help or I can opt out and pass it to others, or if you already got it done we can close this out.

Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

Click on this link. I uploaded the troubleshooting guide. Sorry for the delay... I help on here outside of my repair business and family time... Let me know if you need more help.

Troubleshooting

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 27 days ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I see this is still open. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson