Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

What is the BCM and the HVAC control module? Avalanche 2005.

Customer Question
What is the BCM...

What is the BCM and the HVAC control module?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Avalanche 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, myself. have replaced the blower motor and resistor

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

225,000 and automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
1/3/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 1 month ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, I am Randall. Can you tell me what is not working ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The heater blower, I’m getting no heat from the The heater blower, I’m getting no heat from the heater.

no heat or blower is not blowing air? do you have the automatic system or the manual HVAC

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Automatic

Your not sending all the information I am asking for , I am going to opt out

Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 1 month ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

new expert here did you still need help ?

is the blower motor running and it is just cold air or the blower motor will not run at any speed ?

do you have a multi meter or test light on hand ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is no air movement and I have replaced the blower motor and the resister.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have the testing equipment

with the truck ON and the blower set to high does the red wire at the resistor show 12 volts ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t know if the Redwire shows 12 V. I don’t have the testing quick

we have to see if that red wire has 12 volts

either the resistor is missing that 12 volts which you can check and see if the fuse in the underhood fuse box called BLOWER a 40 amp fuse is blown or it is missing a ground at the black wire that does NOT go to the blower motor as there are 2 black wires

if both the power and ground check out good see if the fuse in the inside fuse box called HVAC1 and in the underhood fuse box a fuses called HVAC/ECAS is good

if all those fuses are good and the resistor shows power and ground then the heater ac controller itself is usually bad

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is only one black wire to the resister at the motor. Are you referring to other black wires?

there are 2 at the resistor one goes to the blower motor and the other does not go to the blower motor

the resistor has a total of 5 wire

2 reds , 2 blacks,purple/white

the red and black you need to test are the red and the black that do NOT go right to the blower motor

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are three wires which appear to be coming from vehicle Power supply. One is red, one is black, and the third is a very small purple water. There are two wires would you go from the resister to the blower motor. All of these wires are new

ok you need to test the red and black that come from the power supply

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would that test simply indicate there is a need to replace a fuse or fuses? Would they be inside the vehicle or under the hood?

i described which fuses to check and where the fuses are to check in the last 2 posts..read back

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I appreciate your patience. Are we back to my original question of what in where is the AC controller?

the ac controller is the complete heating ac control assembly

this here

Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician