Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Iam having a problem getting the right front axle out of…

Customer Question
Iam having a problem...

Iam having a problem getting the right front axle out of diff.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2002 chevy tracker

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have tried pull axle out ofthe snap ring but it wount come out

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/3/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 7 months ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

what you need to do here is to pry on the axle cup next to the differential,,at the same time as you are prying,tap the side of the axle bearing cup with a hammer,,this will jar it and let it pop right out

thanks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxkeqr3ag0oolr4/0103-tracker-Removal%20Procedure.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/wxkeqr3ag0oolr4/0103-tracker-Removal%20Procedure.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help