Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2017 chevy cruz. i cannot get the hood to open and…

Customer Question
Hello, i have a...

Hello, i have a 2017 chevy cruz. i cannot get the hood to open and latch release feels stuck (do not want to apply too much force and break)

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?

No. the inside latch is stuck and will not release

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 Chevy?

Basic cruz

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

NOTHING other than trying to release the inside latch...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car also won't start

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/3/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Will it pop up a couple inches when pulling the release under the dash?

Have you tried spraying some lube on it?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris