Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2013 Duramax Diesel, is there a plug to connect to 120v

Customer Question
2013 Duramax Diesel, is...

2013 Duramax Diesel, is there a plug to connect to 120v current to heat the engine?...if so, where is it located?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No, that's not the problem, I live in central Pa., weather very cold lately and the diesel engine will not start...even with sufficient cranking power....it will catch and then shut off....so I believe the fuel is "gelling" due to the cold weather......other diesel trucks I have had, have a plug under the hood, by the fender or near the front of the radiator to plug in to standard 120v to keep the engine warm enough so it will start in severe cold weather....

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Chevy?

2500HD, with DuraMax

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am just looking for a place to plug into for the engine to be warm enough to start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that will be all...and enough for him to be able to answer the question...thank you....

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/3/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 6 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, do you happen to have the VIN #?

Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 6 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

stock they did not have block heaters to plug in

you need to add one to be able to plug in

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer