Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Rtrt the art the car and let it run for 10 minutes and shut…

Customer Question
Rtrt the art the...

Rtrt the art the car and let it run for 10 minutes and shut it off and repeat for 3 times. if now leaki had a low level in my coolant overflow tank and had no antifreeze so since it was summer i added water and forgot. now it is close to zero and there is still a low level in the overflow tank in my '96 chevy cavalier.. the temp has been near zero at night so i just left it sit for about 2 weeks. a friend told me that if froze the damage is done. he said to sta

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?

No its just been sitting out in the cold for about 3 weeks -

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Chevy?

96 chevy cavalier 4 door sedan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cavalier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. i was afraid to do anything yet but i have to make a move of some kind

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, a friend from auto zone told me to start the car and run for 10 minutes and then shut off for 15 minutes and repeat 3 times and see if a leak developed. in other words the damage may already be done

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi, how can I help you with this?

I DONT UNDERSTAND, IVE BEEN THRU THE PROCESS AND WAS LINED UP WITH 'MOOSE' SO WHAT DO I DO
NOW?

hi, please clarify your question - you haven't really asked anything about your car? what did you want to know about the present issue?

No I will call back after I get more info

you will need to clarify what information it is that you are seeking.... you have not asked any question in your original post.