Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am looking at a 5th wheel travel trailer and do not know…

Customer Question
Second opinion] i am...

Second opinion] i am looking at a 5th wheel travel trailer and do not know the exact weight i can safely tow. i have rating E tires slightly lifted (suspension) rancho shocks 55056

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Chevy. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

6.0 liter 4.10 gears at the rear 2wd crew cab standard box 2500 HD

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 4 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician
Todd here were you not satisfied with the answer i had given you?
From what I can see the 16,000 lb is the gross combined weight 10000 pounds at the bumper but I can't find what the fifth wheel weight is
I read that not to exceed 2500 pounds does that mean the total is 12500 lb 5th wheel
I can send you the entire document later if you would like or i can opt out if you would still like a second opinion
Go ahead and send me the entire document later
I will have to you in about an hour and a half

It's a pretty lengthy document....Please keep in mind that customer satisfaction is my #1 goal....if you have more questions about this please feel free to ask

Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I see the other tech has opted out. Would you like me to help? If so what questions remain?

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician