Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The plug on my Chevy Volt 2012 came apart with half

Customer Question
The plug on my...

The plug on my Chevy Volt 2012 came apart with half remaining in the socket and the other part came out. Then I could not plug it in again or close the door on the socket.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

When it first occured I took it to the Crevy dealer in Whitehorse, Yukon and the mechanic glued the parts together. This lasted 2 night of charging. Then a friend used gorilla tape to hold it together and this fix lasted about two weeks. The temp. has been very cold recently so glue does not last long.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Do I have to pay to speak to the mechanic?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
1/2/2018
Chevy Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi what was your question about this? how can I help you?