Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

We turn it on and automatically turn off by itself leaving…

Customer Question
We turn it on...

We turn it on and automatically turn off by itself leaving all the light on even from the inside

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The stereo the ones from outside and the ones in front of the wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2007 Chevy Silverado z71 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband is the one looking at it, all he have done to it is to take off the battery and it work yesterday but today don't want to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all, we trying to see why it does want to turn on it wants to when you put the key it trys to turn on but it turns off right away and we don't know what to do

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
1/1/2018
Chevy Mechanic: AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN replied 1 month ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

What size engine do you have?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm willing to talk on the phone, no haven't checked for codes in the computer yet. It says on the dash service traction control, service air bag, service 4x4, and the lights on the dash are on the abs, traction control, air bag, and the little car with the lock around it. It's a 5.3 vortex

Thank you for that information. You can request a phone call on your end and I will call you right away

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The truck will crank and stay on just for a couple of seconds, then take the key out the ignition and open the doors and the radio and dash lights stay on for about 10-15 mins

Please accept my offer and call me now

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you just tell me on here, I can't make calls right now

Sure, we can continue on this page.

First, you are going to want to check all of the fuses.

If the fuses check out good, this problem could be a faulty ignition or module on board the vehicle. I would then recommend checking for codes in the computer. It is possible that there is no communication with your onboard computer causing this no crank condition or start and stalling condition. The most common one based on my experience is the BCM. You can disconnect the battery cables and rub them together for 5 minutes and then reconnect them back to the battery and try to restart the vehicle. That may do the trick if one of the modules is locking up.

Another possible cause is the underhood fuse block.

It is also possible that the issue is related to an engine performance issue if it is starting and stalling. Look for air/vacuum leaks under the hood and check the MAP/MAF sensor too. This would likely set a code or codes in the computer so I would still strongly recommend checking for codes. You can get a code reader for cheap online or at your local auto parts store.

Keep in mind this is a "starting point". Some further testing may need to be done to pinpoint the root cause. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>

AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN