Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Water is leaking into the both front floorboards and not…

Customer Question
Water is leaking into...

Water is leaking into the both front floorboards and not sure where it is coming from, it is a 2009 Chevy Traverse

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

It is water and there is a lot, could be coming from windshield but not sure. the rubber fittings on each corner of the windshield are deformed so I suspect it is coming from here

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Traverse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying to fix myself, trying to reset the rubber fittings but having problem removing the wipers so I can get access under the plastic plate that covers the area between windshield and hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just trying to locate the water leak

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Chevy
12/31/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmeqTdpSd6Q

Check out this video and see if helps

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician