Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ran my 04 duramax of fuel while cleaning the injectors, and…

Customer Question
Ran my 04 duramax...

Ran my 04 duramax of fuel while cleaning the injectors, and sucked air into the system

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Wont start at all right now, but before running out of fuel it started easy.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Chevy?

2500 hd duramax 6.6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Removed and filled fuel filter with fuel, primed trying to get air out

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/31/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 6 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hi my name is*****'m an A.S.E Certified Master Technician with 30 + yrs GM experience. I'm reviewing your question and would be happy to assist you

Go to your local parts store and buy a can of spray silicone....spray it inside the air intake as close to the throttle body as possible and see if it starts