Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to remove fuel tank from 93 full size blazer. Removed…

Customer Question
Trying to remove fuel tank...
Trying to remove fuel tank from 93 full size blazer. Removed straps and loosened fill neck. Something is still holding tank in place. Need help
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/30/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Tank Assembly REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.

2. Drain the tank.

3. Raise the rear of your vehicle and support it with jackstands.

4. Remove the clamp on the filler neck and the vent tube hose.

5. If equipped, remove the gauge hose which is attached to the frame.

6. While supporting the tank securely, remove the support straps and insulators.

7. If equipped, remove the fuel tank shield.

8. Lower the tank until the gauge wiring, electrical connections and all hoses can be removed.

9. Remove the tank.

To install:

10. Raise the tank until all hoses, electrical connections and wiring can be attached.

11. Raise the tank into position, and If equipped, install the tank shield.

12. Install the tank retaining straps. Tighten the strap retainers to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm). Make certain that any anti-squeak material is replaced during installation.

13. Install the clamp on the filler neck and the vent tube hose.

14. Lower the vehicle.

15. Fill the tank and check for leaks.

16. Connect the negative battery cable.

Followed those steps you provided but tank will not move. Seems as if there are other bolts holding it in place as it still has a solid feel to it

Is it rusted in place?

Thought it might be rusted in place, so we tried using a pry bar to loosen it. Something still has a solid hold on it.

Does it have a trailer hitch?

Now that I have provided a full or partial answer a 3 or higher rating would be appreciated. Thanks

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. The rating is done by clicking on the stars in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question answered!