Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have an 87 chevy suburban with a 5.7, you have to crank it…

Customer Question
second opinion] I have an...
second opinion] I have an 87 chevy suburban with a 5.7, you have to crank it quite a bit to get it to start but one running it runs great until it gets warm, once warm it will stall when shifting from park to either drive or reverse from idle, but with some cranking it fires right back up and runs strong until you once again switch gears. I have cleaned the throttle body and replaced the regulator. Could this be a MAP senser or IAC issue?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
12/29/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 6 months ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the trouble codes?

No check engine light

hi,,sorry i missed you.

sense you get no engine light and from the way you explain..it sounds as if the problem may be the iac..remove and clean it and make sure it is adjusted correctly..but you may need to replace it

also,a dirty and sticking egr valve may do this,,remove and clean the egr valve also.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tljk61tcx71hiyt/1229-chevy-IAC%20Valve%20Operation%20And%20Fuel%20Pressure%20Regulation.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/tljk61tcx71hiyt/1229-chevy-IAC%20Valve%20Operation%20And%20Fuel%20Pressure%20Regulation.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help